Sunday, June 9, 2013

Chanel vs OPI, French Tip Possible, You Can Leopard Too!

Hello Everyone!

Alright, yes, I am super guilty again for forsaken this space. But hey, I was too occupied for the past few months!

Love my new blog banner? I did it myself & I love it wayyyy tooo much... :D (please pardon my self-praising) Thank you Deviantart artists for the lovely drawings

This is a new beginning y'all. I promise I'm gonna update as much as possible in this little comfort space of mine. (:

___________________________________________________________________

• Chanel vs OPI •

Often, people asked me, "Miranda, is Chanel's Nail polish that good?"

Oh well, WHAT DO YOU THINK? Haha! Of course it is good!
Retailing at SGD36 per bottle, it needs to be good man.

For this entry, I'm comparing Chanel's Dragon & OPI's Color So Hot It Berns.
(I'm sorry for my ugly & dry cuticles, haha, I'll do something to it soon)

OPI - Color So Hot It Berns

For OPI, most of their colors are not that bad. As you can see from the picture above, I've applied 1 coat and it is still quite translucent. But it will definitely bring out the red upon the 2nd coat. This shade of OPI is of a brighter red, chili red I would say.


Chanel - Dragon

Woohoo! Check this out. Chanel is Chanel right? I mean, just look at it. 1 coat and it is almost done! 
It really depends on the age of your polish as well as the application method. 
I rarely use my Chanel - Dragon for Nail Art. It defeats the purpose of 'showing off' Dragon's glamour. 

If you are still skeptical on whether to invest on Chanel's polishes, don't be shy, go down to their cosmetic counter to try it out! :D

I only purchase Chanel when the shade is unique to them only. For example, their classic red is a must-have, and the next bottle I've purchased was Peridot. A mysterious shade of gold & purple.

__________________________________________________________________

• French Tip Possible •


Normally, people would just use scotch tape to do their french tip. But the current trend now is to leave
the 'pink' part of your nail bare and pair up with a colored tip!


Reference photo from : http://bestnailartdesigns.com


Let me show you how you can do it too! :)


First and foremost, french tip only looks nice when you have a free edge. By that, I mean you need to have the 'white' part of your nail. (shown via the arrow)


Your natural nail has a curvature. Therefore you can use the curve as a guideline for your french tip.

If you were to use a scotch tape, there won't be any curve, but a huge solid line which is pretty ugly in my opinion. Or, you could buy french tip stickers, but those are either useless, too sticky or expensive. Your choice.

So the first step is to start from the side you are comfortable with. For me, I like to start on the left, then sweep to my right. And then vice versa.



 For the first timers, you will normally get an awkward arrow shape. But that's ok! Load your brush with a little polish and follow your free edge line. And you'll probably get something like this.


Look, mine isn't that perfect either. hahhahaah * embarrassed* 

Not that hard isn't it?

After this you could just apply a layer of top coat and you're done! If you are more adventurous, you could add some details to the separation line with some blings or a black line. (:

Practice makes perfection!

___________________________________________________________________________

• You Can Leopard Too! •


No, it is not a nail polish name. haha~

Leopard prints is one of the first nail art that I've tried 2 years ago before I got addicted to nail art.

It is super easy to do!

Things you would need are: 2 contrast nail polish colors, black nail color, toothpick/nailart brush/dotting tool.




First, apply the base color of your choice. Make sure that it is absolutely dry before working on it!

Next, use the other contrast color and dap it randomly around your nail. This would be the major 'spots' of the print.


I know this is probably an Art Attack moment. 
Just use the tool of your choice (toothpick/nailart brush/dotting tool) and black nail polish, draw on the random spots!

Make a perimeter along the major spots, but DO NOT MAKE A FULL CIRCLE. haha! It will look damn weird.



Leopard print is one of the most common nail art that we can see nowadays. Give it a try!
And most importantly have fun! :D
________________________________________________________________________


I would like to thank some readers of mine that emailed me to say that they appreciate & like my entries. Thank you! I'm super guilty that I don't regularly update. :(

But I am gonna do so now!

I would like to thank my friends as well, to those who read this space. Thank you so much!
It really gives me motivation to explore more about nail polish & share with everyone!

I'll end this post with my current nail art that I did 2 days ago!


Bring out those flowers, it's Summer!
Inspired by fuckyeahprettynails.tumblr



Till next time,
Miranda ~

No comments:

Post a Comment